Monday, May 4, 2009

Samantha loves some Taters

We decided to wait until the little monkey was 6 months and one day, just to be sure to avoid allergies if at all possible, to feed her solid foods. All the old info says to start with Rice Cereal, but some new info I found suggests that is just low nutritional value food and that real food is best for the first solids. So we put a bib on Sam, grabbed her new spoon from her good friend, Gabrielle Kempf, and proceeded to eat.

I'm always amazed at this little girl's ability to take things in stride. She never seems to get very upset or freak out over stuff, she just does whatever it is we are suggesting. And that is how it went with her first food. She opened her mouth and took in the delicious sweet potatoes and swallowed. Easy peesy. Well except for cleanup. Now I understand why my sister always bathes her kids AFTER dinner. She somehow managed to get it in her hair.

Next we'll be doing green beans or peas or some other gross mashed up solid food. Hoping for more of the same with those new foods too. Its a whole other step for her and made me cry thinking about my baby growing up. I'm a blubbering fool most of the time now so no need to worry. We'll just keep on keeping on, since that is how Sam likes it, and she is obviously in charge now.

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome! She'll have to show Q how it's done when it's his turn. She's so rad. I love your little monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo, this is an exciting milestone...way to go Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo SB! Way to take it all in stride baby girl:)

    ReplyDelete