I went back to work January 5th after a glorious 9-week maternity leave that thankfully included the holidays, and a slower CS Tree Services work schedule. Working three days a week in the office and one day from home with Samantha is a lot. She is such a good kid though, she sleeps a lot and is pretty happy on her own while mom is typing emails, updating websites, writing press releases, etc. And her cry always means something, whether she needs to eat, sleep or have her diaper changed. I feel really lucky to have an easy baby, and a flexible work schedule, I know not everyone gets that.
Chris stays home with her one day a week, and they are developing a relationship that is really fun to watch. He is one of those 'get your hands dirty' kind of dads so we share all the responsibilities now. I can't imagine being married to someone who didn't share in their responsibilities, but anyway, that is a rant for another day. My mom is keeping her the other two days I'm in the office. This schedule will last for a couple of months so we can avoid daycare until the last possible minute. Samantha loves her Gigi, my mom refuses to go by anything resembling grandma, makes her feel old. I call her the baby whisperer though. She is so good with babies, and kids, and adults, and basically anyone she comes in contact with. The woman can get a baby to talk and laugh with just a smile or a tickle, its amazing. I know my dad misses having mom around one night a week but we really appreciate having her here. She makes cookies and desserts each time she is here so Chris and I are going to get fat, YAY! Luckily I'm nursing so I 'need' the extra calories right now.
Working and nursing has proven to be interesting. The HR person at my work got me a lock for my door so no one will barge in while I'm pumping, how embarrassing would that be? Its not that hard though, not as hard as I thought it would be at least, I just pretend I'm a smoker and take my 20 minutes breaks twice a day. But its going well, our freezer looks like some weird science experiment with about 50 bags of milk frozen for emergency future use. And thankfully Sam is still growing like a little weed so we're are going to keep on keeping on for now.

No comments:
Post a Comment