This picture makes me laugh b/c it looks like Samantha is yelling at her Aunt Suz. I imagine we'll see this face in years to come, but thankfully its not backed by real anger, not yet. Sam did great on the beach though, she LOVED putting her feet in the sand. Suz and Kev tried to get her naked so I would have to carry a filthy baby home but we fought them off.
Shortly after this picture was taken Sam and I had to head home. I am still a new mom so in the midst of the beautiful beach and wonderful weather, I somehow forgot that Sam hadn't eaten in several hours and hadn't done the big deed yet either. I stopped at Wendy's on the way out of town to get a bite, thinking Samantha would just fall asleep and we would have a peaceful 2 hour ride home. Yep, that didn't happen. When I was in the drive-thru I heard the rumblings of a big ol mess in her diaper, she makes this grunting noise and kicks her legs up when its a big one. I immediately asked the woman at the window if they had a changing station in their bathroom, her reply was confusion, then a big fat no. Ugh, changing a baby in the car is bad when there are two of you, its next to impossible by yourself. But I had to do it. Somehow when baby's go in the car, its the worst blowout you've ever seen. She covered this cute little onesie that Margaret got her. I had to soak the thing in bleach to get it to resemble what it looked like in this picture. Anyway, after cleaning all that up the little one was hungry, so we did that for a while. And then we were finally back on the road headed home, Samantha slept soundly all the way home, just an hour later than expected.
It was still one of the best visits to the beach I've had, this little girl makes everything seem special.

Oh nooooooo, blowout in the onesieeeee!!!!
ReplyDelete