Last weekend Chris, Sam and I ventured to Durham to visit with Ryan and Valerie and their 13 month old, Gabrielle. It was a beautiful weekend so we decided to do a walk at Duke Gardens with the girls. Luckily Jana and Greg and little Quen could join us, so off we went. This picture is Chris introducing Samantha to the wonder of trees. He would be upset that I don't remember the name of the tree but I'm just not good at names. If the tree had a number, now that would be different.
So being out and about with baby is a lot of work. You have to pack up everything they would possibly need including diapers, wipes, carrier, change of clothes, hat, blanket, toy, pacifier, ... I could go on for days with this list but I won't. Its a heck of a lot different than how we used to travel, with just a sense of adventure. But things are so much cooler now too, getting to introduce Sam to things she has never seen before. I understand why kids make you feel younger, b/c you stop to enjoy the things you used to take for granted. Everything is new in their eyes, and b/c of that new to us. We both hope to instill in Sam a love of the outdoors, she seems to be catching on as you can see in the shot. She was loving the texture of this tree. There are so many more trees to introduce her to, we look forward to each one.

Sam was so happy to be outdoors with y'all. We had a great time with all of you and it's just so awesome to see what great parents both you and Chris are. We look forward to many more adventures together!
ReplyDelete