
So my dad, aka Big Daddy, pointed out recently that its been over a year since I posted anything on my blog. He's right, and its amazing how much I don't get done now that I stay home with Sammie Pie. There is really so little time for blogging when you are having so much fun. Plus, the little monkey is quite interested in attention, so its been a while.
Sam turned 2 this year, November 1st. We had a great Halloween/Birthday party with post-party trick-or-treating. We invited our families and some close family friends, it was big fun. I think Sammie had a really good time, it was a big crowd so she was mostly quiet, but smiling.
Over the past couple of weeks Sam has climbed out of her crib multiple times, maybe 3 times total, but enough to make me worry about her hurting herself somehow. This morning she got up and played in her room, BY HERSELF, for a good 20-30 minutes. It was amazing, my little girl is big enough to hang out on her own in her own room, even if it was for a short while.
So Chris and I decided it was time to break out the toddler bed today. We went in her room after nap and told her about what we were going to do, made a really big deal out of it, and let her go with us to get the bed from the shop. We called it the "big girl bed." Chris put it together and Sam helped him, basically she carried around nuts and bolts and pushed them in any holes she could find on the bed. She told me she was "helping daddy". It was just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. Once it was set up in her room (at 6:15pm) she tried to go to bed. My kid goes to bed early, but not that early, she was excited. I'll post pics soon of her in the bed with about 1,000 stuffed animals. We've so far had one exit with her standing beside the bed screaming for us, but we gave her some water and she went back to sleep pretty easily.
Here's to a good night's sleep. My fingers are tightly crossed.

Yippee Skippee! We love blog posts...Way to go big girl Sam! so proud of you!
ReplyDelete